All Russian and CIS countries citizens when entering Finland and other countries under the Schengen agreement have to apply for a visa. Before applying, please ensure you are very clear on your ‘purpose of visit’. Schengen visa has to be obtained from the Embassy / Consulate of the country where the Main Purpose of Travel lies. In case of travel to more than one Schengen country, please submit your application to the Embassy / Consulate where you will be staying for the maximum number of days. In case of equal stay, one has to apply at the Schengen country which is first port of entry.
Please Click here to get information about your Schengen visa.
Please Click here to get information about submitting an application for a visa to Finland.
The embassy website is only in Russian and Finnish.
Who can apply?
- a family member: parent, child (>18 years), grandparent, grandchild, spouse (with confirming documentation: birth certificate, marriage certificate, documents proving change of surname/name)
- an official institution/ a registered company that the applicant is working for (letter of attorney should be provided)
- a travel agency, accredited by the Embassy of Finland in Moscow or the Consulate General of Finland in St. Petersburg.
Please note that all applicants over 12 years old should come for the submission personally for the biometric data collection. More details here.
- Applicants, who do not have permanent registration in the territory served by the Embassy of Finland in Moscow.
The only exceptions allowed are:
- submission by a representative of the official institution where the applicant works or studies (letter of attorney should be provided)
- submission of minors' applications
The only exception allowed is submission of minors' applications.
- Contact details of the company (legal and actual address, phone numbers, e-mail address and website, if any)
- Date of issue
- Information about the representative of the company:
- position in the company
- internal passport details, including information about permanent registration
- Personal information about the applicant:
- mandatory: name, surname, date of birth, position in the company
other passport details can be added as additional information
Please note: If the representative is applying on behalf of several applicants the list of all the applicants should be included.
Authorities with the representative of the company:
- To submit and collect necessary documents on behalf of the company
- To perform other actions related to the execution of the specified order such as to sign Agency contracts, financial and other documents, as well as to pay fees and charges in the available payment modes
- Signature of the representative of the company
- Period of validity
- Position of the responsible person who signs the letter of attorney, his/her surname and name and signature
Stamp of the company
Applicants are expected to visit the Visa Centre by themselves to submit their application. If for some reason the application cannot be submitted by the applicant him/herself, it may be submitted by:
Attention! The following categories of applicants have to mandatorily apply in person:
Requirements for the Letter of Attorney
Letter of attorney should preferably be written on a headed paper and the following information should be included:
If a representative of an applicant submits the documents, it is mandatory to have copies of the applicant’s Internal passport’s pages with the personal information and registration.
Visa application can be submitted three months before the trip, we recommend you to apply at least 2 weeks before the planned trip. Some applications may require further processing. Please note that all applications are processed individually. The Visa Officer may request further documentation, information or you may be called for an interview which can prolong the processing time.
Please click here to get more detailed information on processing time.
Urgent Visas – Only in Moscow Visa Application Centre
If the application needs to be considered as an urgent case (processing time three working days), then you should decide the same before submitting the application. Urgent applications are processed only when provided with a written proof (Supplementary Documents). After the documents are submitted and accepted it is not possible to speed up the process. Urgent applications can be only accepted in Moscow Visa Centre.
Applications submitted from applicants residing in the territory of the Russian Federation beyond 500 km from Moscow on the territory served by the Embassy, are considered urgent if possible, within 3 working days. The period of consideration is only valid in cases where the applicant personally travels to Moscow for a visa. It is necessary to have your internal passport with you. This service is only for Russian citizens.
Collection of documents at the Visa Centre.
Processed passports received from the Embassy of Finland will be kept at the Visa Centre of Finland for 30 calendar days. Post that period the passports will be returned to the Embassy of Finland.
Documents required for collection:
Ways of collecting your passport at the Visa Application Center:
- Personal: Present your internal passport (or foreign passport copy for foreign citizens), agreement with the ICR receipt and cashier receipt.
- For close relatives: Present your internal or foreign passport, agreement with the ICR receipt and cashier receipt, original of the documents proving your family ties (birth certificate, marriage certificate, documents proving surname/name change)
- For the employee: Present your internal or foreign passport, agreement on the name of the concerned organization, ICR receipt, cashier receipt and power of attorney from the company for collecting the passports.
- By the 3rd parties: Present your internal or foreign passport, agreement with the ICR receipt and cashier receipt, notarized power of attorney for collecting the passports (not older than 6 months).
For accredited travel agencies it’s mandatory to present an accreditation card.
|Different types of visas (short stays)||60|
|Children, 6 to 11 years old||35|
|Children, 0 to 5 years old (neglect of their citizenship)||0|
|Visa for citizens of the following countries:||35|
|- Russian Federation|
|- Cape Verde|
|*Urgent processing of the application||70|
|- For citizens of Russian Federation and Ukraine only|
|- Visa will be processed during three (3) working days or less|
There is a service charge of 27,20 Euros (inclusive of VAT) levied per application in addition to the visa fees. All children under 6 years old submit their documents free of service charge.
The visa fee in Russian Rubles varies with the current exchange rate. The fees are non-refundable.
The applicants who submit their applications at the Visa Centre should pay the visa fee at the cash counter in the centre. Credit cards are accepted as well.
According to Federal law of Russian Federation “About personal data” every applicant has to sign “Personal data processing consent”.
|Form of personal data processing consent|
To Download a Form:
- Click on the form link
- When the form opens, save the form on your computer.
- Press the right button on your mouse on the required link.
- Select Save Target As from the list
- Save the form on your computer.
To see the visa application photo specifications, please, click here.
We recommend you to apply at least two (2) weeks before the planned trip. Some applications may require further processing. Please note that all applications are processed individually. The Consulate General of Finland in St. Petersburg may request further documentation, information or you may be called for an interview which can prolong the processing time.
If the application needs to be considered as an urgent case, then make sure to decide about it before submitting the application. Urgent applications are processed only when provided with a written proof (Supplementary Documents). After the documents are submitted and accepted it is not possible to speed up the process.