All citizens of Algeria are required to apply for a visa before entering Finland and/or other countries under the Schengen agreement. Before applying, please ensure you understand your particular ‘purpose of visit’. Schengen visas must be applied for at the respective Embassy/Consulate of the country of your main destination. Your main destination will be the Schengen country where your duration of stay exceeds all others. Due to this, when traveling to more than one Schengen country, you should submit your application to the Embassy/Consulate representing the country of your main destination. In case of equal stay, you have to submit your application to the mission of the Schengen country representing your first port of entry.
See more info about Schengen visas at the website of Embassy of Finland in Algeria.
The Visa Application Centre accepts applications for short stay Schengen visas only (not exceeding 90 days during 180 days period). Applicants need to visit the Visa Application Centre in person. All applicants applying for a Schengen visa must submit biometric data - ten fingerprints and a photo. The biometric data will be stored in the Visa Information System (VIS), which is an IT system that allows data exchange between the Schengen States.
Who can submit visa application in the Visa Application Centre?
The Visa Application Centre in Algeria accepts Schengen visa applications from legal residents of Algeria only (Algerian citizens, Algerian registration certificate /residential permit /long stay visa holders).
Visa application can be submitted Six months before the trip, we recommend you to apply at least one month before the planned trip. Please note that all applications are processed individually. The Embassy may request further documentation, information or you may be called for an interview which can prolong the processing time.
The Visa Application Centre takes visa applications with an appointment. Information how to book the appointment can be found here.
To see the applicable visa fees, please click here.
Please note that the visa category chosen by an applicant must be based on the purpose of travel to Finland and the decision must be made by the applicant him/herself - Visa Application Centre staff will not be able to assist you in making this decision. An application filled incorrectly and carelessly can cause refusal of a visa application. The applicant may need to submit additional details or applicant can be asked to come for an interview at the Embassy.
|Checklist for Official and Business Visit|
|Checklist for Sports or Cultural Event/Study|
|Checklist for Tourism|
|Checklist for Visiting Family or Friends|
|Checklist for the applicants under the Directive 2004/38/EC|
The photographes must be:
- No more than 6-months old
- 35-40mm in width
- Close up of your head and top of your shoulders so that your face takes up 70 -80% of the photograph
- In sharp focus and clear
- Of high quality with no ink marks or creases
The photographs must:
- Show you looking directly at the camera
- Show your skin tones naturally
- Have appropriate brightness and contrast
- Be printed on high quality paper, and at high resolution Photographs taken with a digital camera must be high quality colour and printed on photo-quality paper.
Style and lighting
The photographs must be:
- Be colour neutral
- Show your eyes open and clearly visible-no hair across your eyes
- Show you facing square on to the camera, not looking over one shoulder (portrait style) or tilted, and showing both edges of your face clearly
- Be taken with a plain light-coloured background
- Be taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows or flash reflections on your face and no red eye
Glasses and head covers
If you wear glasses:
- Be colour neutral
- The photograph must show your eyes clearly with no flash reflection off the glasses, and no tinted lenses (if possible, avoid heavy frames - wear lighter framed glasses if you have them)
- Make sure that the frames do not cover any part of your eyes.
Head coverings :
Are not permitted except for religious reasons, but your facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of your face must be clearly shown.
Expression and frame
The processing of the application takes two weeks, but can take longer time, if the application is not complete. The Embassy may request further documentation, information or you may be called for an interview which can prolong the processing time.