Applicants who are travelling to Finland and will be visiting family or friends.
Before applying, please ensure you understand your particular ‘purpose of visit’. Schengen visas must be applied for at the respective Embassy/Consulate of the country of your main destination. Your main destination will be the Schengen country where your duration of stay exceeds all others. Due to this, when traveling to more than one Schengen country, you should submit your application to the Embassy/Consulate representing the country of your main destination. In case of equal stay, one has to submit their application to the mission of the Schengen country representing their first port of entry.
Finland Visa Application Centre in Egypt accepts applications for short stay visas only. A passport should be valid for at least three (3) months beyond the intended stay in Finland and there should be at least two (2) empty pages available in the passport.
Click on the other tabs on this page to view more information about the visa application process.
To see the applicable visa fees, please click here.
Please note that the visa category chosen by an applicant must be based on the purpose of travel to Finland and the decision must be made by the applicant him/herself - Visa Application Centre staff will not be able to assist you in making this decision. An application filled incorrectly and carelessly can cause refusal of a visa application. The applicant may need to submit additional details or applicant can be asked to come for an interview at the Embassy.
|Checklist for Private visit.|
Every applicant needs to provide one photograph. Photograph should be:
- In colour.
- Taken within the last six months.
- Taken against a light one-coloured background.
- In sharp focus and of good quality.
- 47 mm high x 36 mm wide in size
- Height of the head should be 25–35mm.
- Manipulated photo is not accepted.
- Printed on photo paper.
See more information about the passport photo guidelines by the Finnish Police.
Travel Medical Insurance
Each applicant (including children) must have a travel medical insurance. Exceptions are applicants under the directive 2004/38/EC and family members of citizens of Finland as well as holders of diplomatic and official passports.
Basic requirements for an insurance policy:
- Insurance should cover the entire intended duration of stay in the Schengen area.
- Insurance validity area should cover the whole Schengen area or to be worldwide. No area restrictions are allowed (for example “Finland, Schengen”).
- The insurance coverage limit should be not less than 30.000 euros or equivalent amount in other currency.
- The insurance policy should insure your costs in case of sudden illness or accident and assistance on site, including the costs of medical repatriation to the place of permanent residence of the insured person or the repatriation in case of death.
Original or copy insurance policy needs to be presented during submission; applicant can provide a copy to the application (the Mission does not return documents after application has been processed).
Travel medical insurances can be bought from any European insurance company and from companies from the Common list of recognized Travel Medical Insurance Companies in Egypt.
An applicant for multiple-entry visa should provide an insurance policy which covers at least the first trip. The applicant undertakes to purchase an insurance policy for further trips by signing the visa application.
The processing of the application takes two weeks, but can take longer time, if the application is not complete. The Embassy may request further documentation, information or you may be called for an interview which can prolong the processing time.