Applicants who are travelling to Finland for tourism.
All citizens of Egypt are required to apply for a visa before entering Finland and/or other countries under the Schengen agreement. Before applying, please ensure you understand your particular ‘purpose of visit’. Schengen visas must be applied for at the respective Embassy/Consulate of the country of your main destination. Your main destination will be the Schengen country where your duration of stay exceeds all others. Due to this, when traveling to more than one Schengen country, you should submit your application to the Embassy/Consulate representing the country of your main destination. In case of equal stay, you have to submit your application to the mission of the Schengen country representing your first port of entry.
See more info about Schengen visas at the website of Finnish Embassy in Cairo.
Before applying, please ensure you understand your particular ‘purpose of visit’. Schengen visas must be applied for at the respective Embassy/Consulate of the country of your main destination. Your main destination will be the Schengen country where your duration of stay exceeds all others. Due to this, when traveling to more than one Schengen country, you should submit your application to the Embassy/Consulate representing the country of your main destination. In case of equal stay, one has to submit their application to the mission of the Schengen country representing their first port of entry.
Finland Visa Application Centre in Egypt accepts applications for short stay visas only. A passport should be valid for at least three (3) months beyond the intended stay in Finland and there should be at least two (2) empty pages available in the passport.
Click on the other tabs on this page to view more information about the visa application process.
|Visa Fees||Visa fees effective 02 February 2020 (in EUR & EGP)|
|Schengen visa (age 12 years and above)||EUR 80 ( 1400 EGP)|
|Children, 6 to 11 years old||EUR 40 (700 EGP)|
|Children, 0 to 5 years old
|Schengen visa for nationals of countries with visa facilitation agreement
- Russian federation
|EUR 35 (630 EGP)|
Applicant's exempted from visa fee:
- Family members of EU/EEA–citizen
- School pupils, students, post graduate students and accompanying teachers who undertake trips for the purpose of study or educational training -
To Be Evaluated Case Per Case
- Researchers travelling for the purpose of carrying out scientific research - To Be Evaluated Case Per Case
|VFS Service fee||490|
*Please note that the service fee is inclusive of all applicable taxes.
Click for the price list of additional services
- The applicable visa fee in EGP is as per current exchange rate. It is subject to change without notice.
- The applicants who submit their applications at the Visa Application Centre should pay the visa fee in cash or with credit/debit card in Egyptian Pound right after submitting the documents at the Visa Application Centre, Credit/Debit card payment option is accepted only in Cairo Visa Application Centre at this moment.
- Applicants exempted from visa fee need to pay only service fee.
Please note that the visa category chosen by an applicant must be based on the purpose of travel to Finland and the decision must be made by the applicant him/herself - Visa Application Centre staff will not be able to assist you in making this decision. An application filled incorrectly and carelessly can cause refusal of a visa application. The applicant may need to submit additional details or applicant can be asked to come for an interview at the Embassy.
|Checklist for Tourism|
Every applicant needs to provide one photograph. Photograph should be:
- In colour.
- Taken within the last six months.
- Taken against a light one-coloured background.
- In sharp focus and of good quality.
- 47 mm high x 36 mm wide in size
- Height of the head should be 25–35mm.
- Manipulated photo is not accepted.
- Printed on photo paper.
See more information about the passport photo guidelines by the Finnish Police.
The processing of the application takes two weeks, but can take longer time, if the application is not complete. The Embassy may request further documentation, information or you may be called for an interview which can prolong the processing time.