All Russian and CIS countries citizens when entering Finland and other countries under the Schengen agreement have to apply for a visa. Before applying, please ensure you are very clear on your ‘purpose of visit’. Schengen visa has to be obtained from the Embassy / Consulate of the country where the Main Purpose of Travel lies. In case of travel to more than one Schengen country, please submit your application to the Embassy / Consulate where you will be staying for the maximum number of days. In case of equal stay, one has to apply at the Schengen country which is first port of entry.
|Different types of visas (short stays)||60|
|Children, 6 to 11 years old||35|
|Children, 0 to 5 years old (neglect of their citizenship)||0|
|Visa for citizens of the following countries:||35|
|- Russian Federation|
|- Cape Verde|
|*Urgent processing of the application||70|
|- For citizens of Russian Federation and Ukraine only|
|- Visa will be processed during three (3) working days or less|
There is a service charge of 27,20 Euros (inclusive of VAT) levied per application in addition to the visa fees. All children under 6 years old submit their documents free of service charge.
The visa fee in Russian Rubles varies with the current exchange rate. The fees are non-refundable.
The applicants who submit their applications at the Visa Centre should pay the visa fee at the cash counter in the centre. Credit cards are accepted as well.
The applicant is required to present original documents of those attached to the applications and prepare copies beforehand to be submitted to the Embassy/Consulate General. Please note that the Embassy/Consulate General will not return any documents attached to an application form.
Please note that the visa category chosen by the applicant must be based on the purpose of travel to Finland and the decision must be made by the applicant him/herself. An application filled incorrectly and carelessly can cause a refusal of the visa application. The applicant may need to submit additional details. The applicant may be asked to come for an interview at the Embassy/Consulate.
|HERE YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE CHECKLIST OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BY CLICKING THE PDF-File.
Checklist can be printed and attached to visa application.
|TOURISM / PROPERTY OWNERS
- Property owners in the Schengen area and their close relatives
|CLOSE RELATIVES / FAMILY MEMBERS
- Close relatives visiting Russian citizens residing legally in a Schengen Member State
- Close relatives visiting EU (EEA & Swiss) citizens
|OTHER PRIVATE VISIT
- Private visit (Friends)
- Employees traveling on business
- Drivers (international cargo and passengers)
- Members of train, refrigerator and locomotive crews
- Air crews (if in need of a visa)
- Freelance journalists
If you are going to work in Finland, you need to obtain a residence permit. In that case, visit the website of the Finnish Immigration Services.
|APPLICANTS UNDER THE DIRECTIVE 2004/38/EC(FAMILY MEMBER OF AN EU, EEA AND SWISS CITIZEN, WHO EXERCISES THE RIGHT OF FREE MOVEMENT)||PDF-File|
|SPORT /STUDY / CULTURAL EVENTS
- Participants in scientific, cultural and artistic activities
- Pupils, students, post-graduate students and accompanying teachers
- Participants in international sports events and accompanying persons in their professional capacity
Please note that if your studies last more than 90 days, you need a residence permit. More information can be found at the Embassy's website and at the Finnish Immigration Service's website.
|SEASONAL WORK OR PICKING WILD FOREST BERRIES
- Seasonal work
- Picking wild forest berries
|REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DOCUMENTS
Personal data processing consent
According to the Federal law of Russian Federation “About personal data” every applicant has to sign “Personal data processing consent”. For a minor (all children under 14) a lawful representative (parents, tutors, etc.) should sign this document.
For a minor (children 14-18) the document can be signed by the minor with the written consent from the parents or lawful representatives.
To Download a Form:
- Click on the form link
- When the form opens, save the form on your computer.
- Press the right button on your mouse on the required link.
- Select Save Target As from the list
- Save the form on your computer.
To see the visa application photo specifications, please, click here.
Travel medical Insurance
Each applicant (including children) must have an insurance policy. Travel medical insurance is not required from the family members of EU/EEA and Swiss citizens, who enjoy the right of free movement (Directive 2004/38/EC), and from the family members of Finnish citizens. Also not required from holders of diplomatic and official passports on official visit.
An applicant for a multiple-entry visa may provide an insurance policy, which is valid during the first trip. The applicant undertakes to purchase an insurance policy for further trips by signing the visa application.
Basic requirements for an insurance policy:
- Insurance validity area should cover all the Schengen countries, no areal restrictions (for example “Finland, Schengen”) are allowed.
- Without franchise.
- The insurance coverage limit should be not less than 30 000 euros or equivalent amount in other currency (for example, 40 000 dollars).
- Policies should insure the costs in case of sudden illness or accident and assistance on site, including the costs of medical repatriation to the place of permanent residence of the insured person or the repatriation in case of death.
Insurance policies filled in by hand are not accepted.
An applicant always needs to present an original insurance policy and a copy if needed.
We recommend you to apply at least three (3) weeks before the planned trip. Some applications may require further processing. Please note that all applications are processed individually. The Embassy of Finland in Moscow may request further documentation, information or you may be called for an interview which can prolong the processing time.
If the application needs to be considered as an urgent case, then make sure to decide about it before submitting the application. Urgent applications are processed only when provided with a written proof (Supplementary Documents). After the documents are submitted and accepted it is not possible to speed up the process.