Cultural, Medical, Sport
Applicants who are travelling to Finland with cultural or medical purposes or for sport.
All citizens of Vietnamese are required to apply for a visa before entering Finland and/or other countries under the Schengen agreement. Before applying, please ensure you understand your particular ‘purpose of visit’. Schengen visas must be applied for at the respective Embassy/Consulate of the country of your main destination. Your main destination will be the Schengen country where your duration of stay exceeds all others. Due to this, when traveling to more than one Schengen country, you should submit your application to the Embassy/Consulate representing the country of your main destination. In case of equal stay, you have to submit your application to the mission of the Schengen country representing your first port of entry.
See more info about Schengen visas at the website of Embassy of Finland in Vietnam.
The Visa Application Centre accepts applications for short stay Schengen visas only (not exceeding 90 days during 180 days period). Applicants need to visit the Visa Application Centre in person. All applicants applying for a Schengen visa must submit biometric data - ten fingerprints and a photo. The biometric data will be stored in the Visa Information System (VIS), which is an IT system that allows data exchange between the Schengen States. More information can be found here.
Who can submit visa application in the Visa Application Centre?
The Visa Application Centre in Vietnam accepts Schengen visa applications from legal residents of Vietnam only (Vietnamese citizens, Vietnamese registration certificate /residential permit /long stay visa holders).
Applications cannot be submitted earlier than six (6) months before the start of the planned journey. In individual cases, the mission can extend the processing time up to a maximum of 45 calendar days. Please note that all applications are processed individually. The Embassy may request further documentation, information or you may be called for an interview which can prolong the processing time.
The Visa Application Centre takes visa applications with an appointment. Information how to book the appointment can be found here.
|Nationality||VISA FEES EFFECTIVE 01 JANUARY 2021 (IN EURO AND LOCAL CURRENCY)|
|Age 12 years and above||EUR 80 (VND 2 249 000)|
|Children, ages 6–11 (unless otherwise stated in the Visa Facilitation Agreement)||EUR 40 (VND 1 124 000)|
|Children, 0 to 5 years old||EUR 0 (VND 0)|
|Schengen visa for citizens, incl. children, ages 6–11, from the countries listed below (the EU has the Visa Facilitation Agreement with these countries):
- Russian federation
|EUR 35 (VND 984 000)|
|- Cape Verde||EUR 80 (VND 2 249 000)|
Applicant's exempted from visa fee:
- Family members of EU/EEA–citizen
- School pupils, students, post graduate students and accompanying teachers who undertake trips for the purpose of study or educational training - To Be Evaluated Case Per Case
- Researchers travelling for the purpose of carrying out scientific research - To Be Evaluated Case Per Case
|TYPE||IN EURO and LOCAL CURRENCY|
|VFS Global Service Fee||EUR 26 (VND 730 000)|
*Please note that the service fee is inclusive of all applicable taxes.
* Keeping in mind the health and safety of all our customers and employees in view of the ongoing COVID-19 physical distancing guidelines, passports will be returned back only by courier till further notice for all Finland visa customers, effective 01 September 2020. This measure applies to Finland Visa Application Centres globally. The primary purpose of this measure is to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus amongst our customers and employees. The measure is expected to be in place until the risk perception of COVID-19 is significantly reduced. The fee for this service is 79,000 VND, irrespective of the delivery location.
Click for the price list of Additional Services.
- The applicable visa fee in Vietnamese Dong (VND) is as per current exchange rate. It is subject to change without notice.
- The applicants who submit their applications at the Visa Application Centre can pay the visa fee, VFS fee and other additional services fee (optional) in cash or through credit / debit card.
- Applicants exempted from visa fee need to pay only Service Charge.
Please note that the visa category chosen by an applicant must be based on the purpose of travel to Finland and the decision must be made by the applicant him/herself - Visa Application Centre staff will not be able to assist you in making this decision. An application filled incorrectly and carelessly can cause refusal of a visa application. The applicant may need to submit additional details or applicant can be asked to come for an interview at the Embassy.
|Checklist for Cultural, Medical, Sport|
All supporting documents not in English, Finnish or Swedish must be translated into one of these languages.
Supporting documents: must be printed in clear A4-sized paper, submitted at the same time at the submission counter of VFS
In the case of official documents, such as any documents issued by courts or other Vietnamese authorities like birth certificates, marriage certificates, divorce papers, business licenses and so on, the translation must be sealed by a competent public notary( sealed by travel, visa service, or translation agent will not be acceptable)
In the case of completely unofficial documents, such as travel itineraries, invitation letters and so on, the translation can be non-professional, and need not be officially endorsed by a public notary.
To see the visa application photo specifications, please, click here.
Travel medical insurance
The amount of the insurance indemnity: minimum is 30,000 euros or 50,000 USD. If the currency of the insurance indemnity is in Vietnam dong, an equivalent amount in Euros or Dollars must be mentioned.
The details of insurance benefit package: validity duration, health, accident, repatriation, etc. The valid geography region must be Schengen area or Worldwide.
Insurance companies: Bao Viet, Bao Minh, AIG, SIP, ACE, Travel Gate
The processing of the application takes two weeks, but can take longer time, if the application is not complete. The Embassy may request further documentation, information or you may be called for an interview which can prolong the processing time.