This category does not cover freelance journalists.
Applicant will have to provide evidence that he/she falls under this category.
Children under 12 years: Children under 12 years need not to be present at Visa centre personally as they are exempted from the Biometrics. A passport size photo would be required for the child and for further details, pls use refer to our ‘Photo Specification’ section under different Visa category.
In general the applicant is advised to provide documentation in original. Additional documentation may be required. Please provide additional documents in original with a copy. In case the applicant cannot give the VAC the original version of the document, a copy must be added and the original shown at the VAC.
- Visa application form duly completed, filled in Latin letters preferably in English and signed by the applicant. Barcode pages must be printed and included. Please note that the application form must be signed by the applicant himself in field 37 and in the last field, where it is required (in case of minors one of the custodians should sign the application form). In case you are applying for multiple entry visa, you need to sign the Insurance Declaration on the last page of Visa Application Form.
- One recent passport size color photograph glued to the application. For details see http://visa.finland.eu/ukraine/English/pdf/Valokuvaohje_EN.pdf
- Proof of Travel Medical Insurance to be provided when applying for the visa covering all Schengen countries with a minimum coverage of 30.000 Euro for: repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical treatment and emergency admission to hospital treatment during the stay in the territory of the Schengen states. The insurance must cover 100% of the costs (without deductible). When applying for a multiple entry visa, the travel insurance must be valid for the first trip and when submitting the application, the applicant must sign an agreement that he/she will obtain insurance for all other trips as well. Please also note that the Travel Medical Insurance will be accepted only in printed format. For submission, the copy of Travel insurance is needed.
- A copy of a certificate or other document issued by the competent Ukrainian professional organization proving that the person concerned is a qualified (professional) journalist, for ex. national professional journalist’s card. The original to be shown at submission.
For the technical crew accompanying them in a professional capacity: a certificate or other document issued by a professional organization or the applicant’s employer proving that the person concerned is a member of technical crew accompanying the journalist in a professional capacity.
- A document issued by the applicant’s employer stating the purpose of the journey.
- For employed persons: employment certificate confirming the position of the employee, his/her gained salary within a period of 6 months, the date of employment and the term of vacation AND license/registration of the employer company. For unemployed persons (including pensioners, students): proof of sufficient financial means: a document that shows that the host, a family member of the applicant or someone else is covering the expenses OR a bank account statement. Pensioners should provide pensioner’s card in original, and students should provide study certificate and a student’s card.
- A copy of domestic passport (all the pages containing information) and the original to be shown at submission.
- Foreign passport, which must be issued within the last 10 years and must be valid at least three months after the scheduled return. The copy of the first page is also required. The passport must have at least two empty pages for visas. Please note that children endorsed in one of the parents’ passport can apply for visa only under the age of 16. If a child is 5 or more years old, his photo must be glued in the passport. Also all valid passports must be shown in original, as well as previous foreign passports, or if not available, in copy including photocopies of previous visas and stamps. In case a passport has been annulled or stolen, there has to be a note of it in applicant’s domestic passport or a document from the authorities proofing that the passport was stolen.
- Non-Ukrainian citizens: a copy of Ukrainian residence permit or a work permit and the original to be shown at submission.
- Consent for personal data processing. According to the Law of Ukraine “About personal data protection” every applicant has to download and sign the Consent for personal data processing. Please note that if another person submits for the applicant, applicant has to sign this document in advance. To download the Consent for personal data processing, please click here.
You can also check specifications here.
Normal Processing: 10 Calendar Days
Normal Processing Time for Ukrainian citizens is 10 calendar days according to the Visa Facilitation Agreement between EU and Ukraine. Processing time for applicants of other nationalities that did not sign Agreement is 15 calendar days.
Fast Track: 3 Working Days for Ukrainian citizens Please see New Visa Facilitation Agreement for eligibility